Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally in Sydney!

The rest of the drive down to Sydney was exactly what I hoped for…MOBS of roos! It seemed like they were all over! In daylight which wasn’t normal, and in huge huge groups! It was so much fun pulling off and doing some kangaroo stalking :) After finding our hotel miraculously in the dark we arrived in Sydney, and just in time for the festival! After our first night at our gorgeous Courtyard in North Ryde, a suburb a bit north of Sydney, we decided to venture into town. We stopped off to see our downtown Marriott in the city to discover that the aussies like their toll roads and that we were just in time for opening day of the Sydney Festival! :) There were activities and music and food and entertainment all day long and then Grace Jones would be performing at 10 on the main stage. The only reason I knew at all who she was was because one of the “Americas next top models” had to dress up as her for a photo shoot and she kind of scared me but dad seemed to be excited since she was apparently a “Bond Girl” So we hung out down town and ate some food. Nothing much was going on so we waited for Grace Jones. An outside arena…reminded me of the Gorge and made me miss all my friends…erg! I hate that! :) so she finally came on and scared the crap out of me and wasn’t that good of a singer or a performer sooo we left We made our way back home and decided to watch tennis the next day being all citied out for the moment…the first…and pretty much the only tennis we saw were the bryan brothers…of course playing on a nothing court just warming up so we walked right up to the fence…it’s so funny how at the maximum only about 25-30 people were watching them at a given time…but they played amazing tennis as always and we’re goin back tomorrow for more! J Everyone knows how I love them but as usual they had their token blonde girl with them and I think she was aussie?!?!?! I’m so over it except for Mike really really really reminds me of a certain someone that made me miss home too hehe I’m trying to shove those feelings away knowing I’ll see most of you in a couple weeks and be back to reality :) Thinking of Sheely’s the week before good ol’ valentines day helps me relax a bit more here knowing when I get back it’ll be HELL with not much time to adjust :) Good Morning Sheely’s Floral this is Erin…It’s a great day at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Burlington, this is Erin how may I help you???...It’s gonna be a lot of long days with little rest :) I MUST MAKE THE MOST OF MY TIME IN OZ!!! so stop making me miss you guys! :) I do loved the randomness of Sydney though :) This is the largest "Pyrophone Juggernaut" :) They were amazing!!! See yall in a couple of weeks!!! I think I'll be back :)

2 comments:

  1. what happened to make dad make that face? the bond girl???

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was windblown and a smiling face just didn't quite get the affect across :) ha...GOOD THO EH??? :) his hair was perma-winded for a while :)

    ReplyDelete